enjoyable samhain/halloween/all.hallows.eve/potato picking week/half term break/celtic new year........
Here's my trick.............
And here's a treat.........
Thought I'd start marking the first day of each month with a 'New Month's Resolution'. What do you think? A sort of theme to carry throughout, to help achieve the bigger aims and objectives more easily, and with a bit less stress and a bit more fun.
Over the weekend I've considered a number of different resolutions. I also did a fair bit of browsing in blogland. I got some great ideas. I know I should be 'counting my blessings' more than I do ( a great theme throughout the bloggysphere). But what else could I resolve to do which would
- make my current situation more bearable (more enjoyable would be overly optimistic)
- get over my strong and deeply held tendency to procrastinate
- push me to finish those works-in-progress which haven't made any progress in recent history
- get us moved into number twelve sooner rather than (much) later
So November's resolution is self-evident really.
- I'll be compiling an IMPORTANT INFORMATION station, in the form of a looseleaved folder with an index and plastic pockets. All the quotes, contact details, receipts, etc. in one place. Organised. And......
- I'm (finally) putting together the scraps of fabric/paint colours/favourite magazine pictures into MOODBOARDS for each room (probably) in a separate folder. I'll carry this around with me so thrifty finds won't be lost (unlike like the curtains I walked away from last week 'cos i wasn't sure if the colour was right or if they'd really 'go' with the (vague) plan I had in mind. I dashed back later when the penny dropped - perfect absolutely perfect!!! - only to find they'd . . . gone. And you know what thrift shopping is like.....I'll search and search but will never find the same or similar, ever. Sigh.
Now I would credit the source of these inspired organisational tools HERE normally. Forgive me please as I just can't trace the links. I believe http://frugalflourish.blogspot.com/ and http://sherricassaradesigns.blogspot.com/ were probably involved so thanks anyway! But if anyone feels left out let me know please x
Oh yes, about those unfinished projects....................oops. Another time.
So, what would your resolution be? Or is once a year enough?
Must dash, meet up soon