Be yourself

Be true to you...with a little help
make the connection
say what you feel
and smile, more

Word for 2011

My word of the year is TRY.
I give up too easily,
I don't start because I think I'll never finish,
This year if it looks interesting,
if it looks worthwhile,
if it's something I always wanted to do,
well, this year I'm going to TRY
and lets see how much more I can achieve

Friday 22 October 2010

Overheard in a thrift shop.........

Looking back I wish I kept a note of all those jaw-dropping, eye-popping remarks and snippits of conversation that I've had the (guilty) pleasure of overhearing along the years - what an epic that would be!

You know the sort of thing, you can't quite believe what you're hearing, have to physically restrain yourself from turning to see just who on earth would make such a comment, or dash off urgently before you laugh out loud. Favoured locations are the bus queue, shop checkouts, doctor's waiting rooms.

Today's little gem went something like this...selection of customers browsing in charity shop.....one says to another  " you know these women who eat the macrobiotics way, apart from being well-off, and undoubtedly a bit healthier than the rest of us, always look so blooming miserable!  It must be something in the way their diet affects them - seriously! watch out for them, they need to get it fixed"!

Immediate note to self as I snuck away....better start smiling! Lol!

Aw, take a look at this.....



Sadly we can't fit in an autumn break this year due to being in the middle of the BIG MOVE, so I'm having to make do with a bit of nostalgia instead.  Here's Lake Derwentwater on a very misty and totally stunning morning last November, sigh..........., hope you like it too.


By the way, I was in the thrift shops searching for fabric (you guessed!).  I had a think last night and have put together a mental 'mood board' so now know exactly how I'd like the main room to look.  Today I went and measured the windows over at the new house (let's call it 'number twelve) and curtain construction will shortly commence......when I can (stay in the shop long enough to)  find the right fabric!

Talking of decor I thought you might like to see detail from a sweet little room we stayed in up in the High Sierra when we made our visit to California back in May.........


Room 'three and a half' at the Outside Inn in Nevada City, a pioneering gold-mining town, got to be one of my favourite places, ever! Sigh..... (and when my blogging skills improve I hope to be able to write code and add links to make things easy for folks to find).





Well here's hoping for a peaceful, productive and thrifty weekend folks, byebye for now, byebye x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please feel welcome to leave your thoughts and comments, love pamela xxx